- For children 12 years of age or under;
- Children can make their own deposits and withdrawals, even with their own MCU ATM card; and
- Encourages good money management habits.
Kirby Kangaroo Club membership is established with a minimum deposit of $0.01. The interest earned is the same rates at the Savings Account.
Kirby Kangaroo Club accounts are established in the child's name and social security number. An adult signer on Club accounts is required. Club members receive statements at least quarterly.
All Kirby Kangaroo Club members receive a membership card, passbook, and special prize upon opening their account.
At the end of each quarter, a prize is given for reaching a certain balance in the Kirby Kangaroo Club account. These prizes may be claimed by bringing the Club member (with his or her latest statement) to any Missouri Credit Union (MCU) location and showing the statement to any MCU personal financial officer. Breakdown of savings level for prizes awarded:
- Open savings - $24
- $25 - $100
- $101- $200
- $201- $300
- $301- $400
- $401- $500
- $401- $750
- $751- $1000
Kirby sends out birthday cards to each of his Club friends every month.
Access your Kirby Savings Account with
- MCU ATM Card - MCU ATMs in Columbia or Jefferson City with no fees, plus nationwide access with CO-OP Network with no surcharges;
- MCU Call24 – Free phone banking anytime, anywhere with no fees, (573) 443-5880 Columbia or (573)635-9853 or (800) 443-5880 Toll-free (Outside fo Columbia and Jefferson City only);
- mcu@home - Free Internet banking anytime, anywhere at www.missouricu.org; and
- Any of MCU's convenient Columbia or Jefferson City branches.