BillPayer Terms and Conditions
Missouri Credit Union
Internet Banking / Bill Payment Service
Terms and Conditions Agreement / Disclosure
Note: All references within this document to the terms “Payment Service” and/or “the Service” reflect the MCU@Home Internet (Bill Payment) Service offered by Missouri Credit Union.
Electronic Disclosure of the Terms and Conditions Agreement for the MCU@Home Internet Banking / Bill Payment Service.
I acknowledge electronic receipt of the Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”) associated with Missouri Credit Union’s mcu@home Internet Bill Payment Service and agree that I have read and will abide by this agreement. I also agree Missouri Credit Union (MCU) does not need to provide me with an additional paper (non-electronic) copy of this Agreement unless specifically requested. Further, I understand that using my browser’s print command and a printer I can print a copy of this Agreement.
Use of a Third-Party Bill Pay Service Provider.
MCU has contracted with Wescom (a third-party bill pay service provider) to provide bill pay service to its members. MCU will answer questions directly related to member-initiated bill payments. Accordingly, the term “Wescom” represents the customer service provided by Wescom to MCU bill payment subscribers on MCU’s behalf. MCU, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to change Internet bill payment service providers.
Enrollment Request for the Internet Bill Payment Service
MCU reserves the right to refuse enrollment in the Internet Bill Pay Service to any member who does not meet MCU’s Internet Bill Payment Service criteria. The criteria may include a requirement that subscribers to this service must live within the United States, its possessions and/or territories.
Internet Bill Pay Service
As used in this Agreement, the term “Payee” means the vendor, biller, person or entity to whom you wish a bill payment to be directed; “Payment Instructions” means the information provided by you to the Service for a bill payment to be made to your Payee (e.g., Payee name, account number, payment amount, payment date, etc.); “Payment Account” means your MCU Checking Account and, in the instance of non-sufficient funds and/or an overdrawn account, any applicable share account or available balance on line of credit account(s) at MCU from which all bill payments may be made and/or such funds collected; Courtesy Pay will not be used for BillPayer items; “Business Day” means Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays; “Payment Date” means the Business Day of your choice upon which your bill payment will be made and your Payment Account will be debited; and “Cutoff Time” means 9:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on any Business Day, and is the time by which you must transmit instructions to have them considered entered on that particular Business Day.
Bill Payment transactions are processed Sunday through Friday. Any payments set for Saturday will not process until after 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
By providing the Payment Service with the names and account information of those entities and/or persons to whom you wish to direct payment, you authorize the Service to follow the payment instructions that it receives from you or your authorized user through the Internet Bill Pay Service. When the Service receives a payment instruction, you authorize it to debit your Payment Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close to the Business Day designated by you as soon as reasonably possible. If an item can be sent by Electronic Funds Transfer, the system will default to Electronic Funds Transfer over mailing a check.
For this reason, it is necessary that all non-Electronic Funds Transfer withdrawal dates selected by you be no less than five to seven (5-7) Business Days before the actual due date for payments. It is your responsibility to schedule your bill payments in such a manner that your obligations will be paid on time. Payment instructions entered after the Cutoff Time or on a non-Business Day will be considered entered in the Service on the next Business Day. Our Bill Payment processing dates are Sunday through Friday. The Credit Union will withdraw the designated funds from your account for the bill payment transfer by 7:00 p.m. CST on the date you schedule for payment.
If you properly follow the procedures described herein, and the Service fails to send a payment according to the Payment Instructions received, the Service will bear responsibility for all late charges. In any other event, including but not limited to choosing a Payment Date which is not five to seven (5-7) Business Days before the due date or on or past the due date stated on your invoice or bill, the risk of incurring and the responsibility for paying any and all late charges or penalties shall be borne by you.
A bill payment is “In Process” starting at the Cutoff Time on the Payment Date. A bill payment is a “Pending Payment”, starting from the time you enter payment instructions until the payment is “In Process.” A bill payment is considered “Completed” on the Business Day you selected as the scheduled Payment Date. You may cancel or edit any Pending Payment (including recurring bill payments) by following the directions provided on the Internet Bill Pay system Online Help. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Pending Payment. Please note: we may not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment or cancellation order given after a payment is “In Process” and it is not possible to stop or cancel a payment which is “Completed.” If you desire to cancel or stop any payment which is “In Process”, you must request the Stop Payment through BillPayer. The charge for each stop payment order will be the current charge for such service as disclosed in MCU’s Fee Schedule. The Service will use its best efforts to make all your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability if it is unable to complete any payments initiated by you through the Service because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, your Payment Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment or transfer, or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your established Line of Credit Account, if applicable (Note: MCU may, at its option, pay a scheduled bill payment which exceeds the balance in the checking account by transferring the amount of the resulting overdraft from your available Line of Credit Account or the Base Savings Account, indicated on the Signature Agreement Card or on any subsequent account change requested by you in writing. Per Federal regulation, pre-authorized telephone, Internet or automatic transfers from a savings to cover checking overdrafts cannot exceed six in number per calendar month);
- The bill payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- You provide an invalid account source;
- You requested a duplicate payment;
- You have a loan with us that is 31 or more days past due;
- The Payee mishandles or delays a payment sent by the Service;
- You have not provided the Service with the correct names, phone numbers, or account information for those persons or entities to whom you wish to direct payment; and
- Circumstances beyond the Service’s control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) that prevent the proper execution of the transaction and the Service has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
If none of the previous eight (8) exceptions to the Service’s performance are applicable, and the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your Payment Account or causes funds from your Payment Account to be directed to a person or entity which does not comply with your Payment Instructions, the Service shall be responsible. The Service will return the improperly transferred funds to your Payment Account and will direct to the proper recipient any previously misdirected payments or transfers. Payment will be made to your Payee either electronically or by check. The method of payment depends upon the processing method that can be accommodated by the Payee (e.g., some Payees are unable to accept electronic payments).
All payments regardless of the processing method (by check or by electronic method) will be debited from the specified account on the Withdrawal Date. Bill Payment items will reflect the name of the Payee (e.g., XYZ Utility Company) as well as the effective date and amount. All payments can be viewed with the Payee’s name and payment date by reviewing your recent payment history under the BillPayer History link within Internet Bill Pay Service.
The following payment types are prohibited through the Service:
- Tax Payments
- Court Ordered Payments
- Payments to Payees outside of the United States or its possessions/territories
THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE THE SERVICE’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, AND OR THE SERVICE.
EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Passwords and Security
There are two ways to access the Internet Bill Payment service: 1) through MCU’s website by clicking on the mcu@home icon and entering your username and password. From there, the system will link you to Internet Banking, and you can click on the BillPayer tab, or 2) use MCU’s mobile banking app, enter your username and password, and then click on BillPayer in the menu.
You agree not to give or make available your MCU Account Number and password to any unauthorized individuals. You are responsible for all bill payments you and your authorized user make using the Service. If you permit other persons to use the Service or your MCU Account Number and password (even though you have agreed not to disclose this information), you are responsible for all transactions they authorize. If you believe that your MCU Account Number and password have been lost, stolen or compromised, or that someone may attempt to use the Service without your consent or has transferred money from your account by accessing your account without your permission, you must notify MCU immediately by calling us at 573.874.1477 (Columbia) or 573.635.8007 (Jefferson City) or 1.800.451.1477 (Toll-free outside of Columbia or Jefferson City only) during business hours.
You also agree that MCU may revoke your Internet Bill Payment and/or Internet Home Banking account access services if unauthorized account access and/or transactions occur as the apparent result of negligence in the safeguarding of the Account Number and password(s) belonging to you and/or your authorized user. Further, you agree that, if MCU is notified that you have included the Credit Union in the filing of a petition of bankruptcy, MCU may revoke or refuse to grant you Internet Bill Payment service and/or MCU Internet Home Banking account access to your account.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
If you tell the Credit Union within two (2) Business Days after you learn of unauthorized access to your account(s) and/or that your MCU Account Number and password have been lost, stolen or compromised, you can lose no more than $50.00. If you fail to notify the Credit Union within (2) Business Days after you learn of unauthorized access to your account(s) and/or that your MCU Account Number and password have been lost, stolen or compromised, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized access to your account(s), or use of your MCU Account Number and password had you notified us, you could lose as much as $500.00. If your monthly statement or your online account detail history reflects any transfers or payments that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the first statement which reflected an unauthorized transfer(s) or payment(s) was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days, provided that we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking money if you had told us in time.
Errors and Questions
In case of errors and questions about your electronic transfers or payments, as soon as you can, you should:
- Do an inquiry using the BillPayer Service.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Telephone us at 573.874.1477 (Columbia) or 573.635.8007 (Jefferson City) or 1.800.451-1477 (Toll-free outside of Columbia or Jefferson City only).
- Write us at: Missouri Credit Union, 111 East Broadway, PO Box 1795, Columbia, MO 65205-1795.
If you think that your statement is wrong or you need more information about a bill payment listed on the statement, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you received the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. You must:
- Tell us your name and account number;
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, in person or by telephone, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10)* Business Days after providing verbal notification.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10)* Business Days after we hear from you, and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate the complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10)* Business Days for the amount you think is in error, so that you may have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not re-credit your account.
If we determine there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after we finish the investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find that an error did not occur. You may ask for copies of documents which we used in our investigation.
*If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have twenty (20) business days instead of ten (10) business days.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
It is our general policy to treat your account information as confidential. However, we will disclose information to third parties about your account or the payments/transfers you make ONLY in the following situations:
- If we return transfers or payments made from your account which are drawn on insufficient funds or if we are unable to complete an electronic transfer or payment because of insufficient funds, or
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
- To a consumer reporting agency for quality assurance.
- In order to comply with a governmental agency or court orders, or
- If you give us your written permission.
Charges and Fees
Listed below are the BillPayer charges and fees for each Advantage Level:
- Free – there are no charges or fees for Ultra or e-Connect Advantage Level members.
- Plus and Basic Advantage Level members who choose e-Statements do not have any charges or fees.
- Plus and Basic Advantage Level members who do not choose e-Statements will be charged $2.95/month, if used.
- Smart Start Advantage Level members will be charge $2.95/month, if used.
Please note: To avoid the $2.95 fee when making a MCU loan payment, you may choose one of the following options:
- Use the transfer/payment option in mcu@home internet banking at no charge.
- Setup an Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Debit from your MCU checking account or from another U.S. bank or credit union at no charge.
You agree to pay such fees and charges and authorize the Service to charge your designated Payment Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any fees associated with your savings or loan accounts will continue to apply (please refer to the “Important Account Information for Our Members” information you received when opening your account).
You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone utility and/or Internet Service Provider. We reserve the right to change the fees with 30 days notice. You agree to any fees on the MCU Fee Schedule under the Internet – Banking/Bill Payment Fees. All payments made through the online Bill Payment service must be payable in U.S. dollars.
In the Event a Service Transaction Is Returned and/or Overdraws Your Payment Account
In using the Service, you are requesting the system to make payments for you from your Payment Account. If we are unable to complete the transaction for any reason associated with your Payment Account (for example, there are not sufficient funds in your Payment Account to cover the transaction), the transaction may not be completed. You agree that a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee will be charged in accordance with the Credit Union’s established and published service fees. By enrolling for and using this Internet Bill Pay service you agree that MCU has the right to transfer funds from your available balance on your Line of Credit Loan account as well as from all of your share/deposit accounts to recover funds for all payments that have been requested to be paid by you and your authorized user: this includes accounts on which you are the primary member-owner, as well as accounts on which you are the joint owner. Please note there will be no fee for this service.
Alterations and Amendments
The terms of this Agreement, applicable fees and service charges may be altered or amended by the Service from time to time. In such event, the Service shall send notice to you at your preferred address for notifications. Any use of the services after the service sends you a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). Further, the Service, may, from time to time, revise or update the programs, services, and/or related material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, the Service reserves the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Internet Bill Payment programs, services, and/or related material and limit access to the Service’s more recent revisions and updates.
Address & Email Address Changes
You can update your address or email through mcu@home, Profile tab or you may call MCU to make updates. You agree to promptly update your email address to receive notification by BillPayer of any exception payments.
Exception payment(s) notification(s) include but are not limited to: NSF, Duplicate Payments or Accounts closed. Notifications are sent to your primary email address on record.
Termination or Discontinuation
In the event you wish to discontinue the Service, you are able to stop any time you wish (as long as no payments are showing as “pending”). Just do not schedule any new payments and change the dates on recurring payments to end.
MCU may terminate Service to any individual at any time with cause and without advance notice. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligation under this Agreement.
The Service reserves the right to refuse to pay any person or entity to which you may direct a payment. The Service is obligated to notify you promptly via e-mail if it decides to refuse to pay a person or entity designated by you. This notification is not required if you attempt to pay tax or court-related payments or payments outside the United States and its possessions/territories (American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, N. Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands), which are prohibited under this agreement.
In addition there is an internal limitation of $9,999.99. If you are making a payment greater than this amount, you will need to make two separate transactions for two different amounts on two different dates.
Through your enrollment in the Internet Bill Payment Service, you agree that MCU (or its third-party bill pay service provider) reserves the right to request a credit agency report and/or a review of your credit rating at its own expense through an authorized credit agency/bureau. In addition, you agree that the Service reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a merchant or financial institution to resolve payment-posting problems.
In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, you and the Service agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and the Service which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and the Service relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between what one of the Service’s employees says and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of the Agreement shall control.
You may not assign this Agreement to any other party. The Service may assign this Agreement to any future, directly or indirectly, affiliated company. The Service may also assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third-party service providers.
The Service shall not be deemed to have waived any of its rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the Service. No delay or omission on the part of the Service in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
The captions of Sections hereof are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions for the Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Online Home Banking / Bill Payment Disclosure
The following limitations on Online Banking transactions may apply in using the services listed above:
- Transfers: You may make funds transfers to other accounts of yours as often as you like. However, transfers from any of your savings accounts will be limited to a total of six (6) in any one month. You may transfer or withdraw up to the available balance in your account or up to the available credit limit on a line of credit at the time of the transfer, except as limited under this Agreement or your deposit or loan agreements. The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient or unavailable funds, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account.
- Account Information: The account balance and transaction history information may be limited to recent account information involving your accounts. Also, the availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to the processing time for ATM transactions and our Funds Availability Policy.
- E-Mail: The Credit Union may not immediately receive e-mail communications that you send and the Credit Union will not take action based on e-mail requests until the Credit Union actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately regarding an unauthorized transaction, you should call the Credit Union at 573.874.1477 (Columbia) or 573.635.8007 (Jefferson City) or 1.800.451.1477 (Toll-free outside of Columbia or Jefferson City only).
- Bill Payments: You may authorize new payment instructions or edit previously authorized payment instructions for bill payments that are either periodic and nonrecurring (i.e. payments on merchant charge accounts that vary in amount) or automatic and recurring (i.e. fixed mortgage payments) up until the “Cutoff Time”. When you transmit a bill payment instruction to us, you authorize us to transfer funds to make the bill payment transaction from the account you designate. The Credit Union will not process any bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete or if there are insufficient funds in your checking account to make the bill payment request. The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse to process payment instructions that reasonably appears to the Credit Union to be fraudulent or erroneous.
Internet Banking Fees
Photo Copies: $4.00
Stop Payments: $27.00 – Smart Start and e-Connect Advantage Levels; $25.00 – Plus Advantage Level and $23 at the Ultra Advantage Level
Authorization: You desire to subscribe to the Services and authorize us, and any third party acting on our behalf, to serve as your agent in processing payments to targeted merchants and/or transfers to and from targeted accounts pursuant to your payment and/or transfer instructions, and you authorize us to post such payment and/or transfer to your designated account(s). You understand that we may not make certain payments and/or transfers if sufficient funds are not available in your designated account. This authorization is in force until revoked by you or us in writing and is subject to the Internet Banking/Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions Agreement.
Revised: October 2013