USA Patriot Act Identity Verification Notice
To comply with the USA Patriot Act, Missouri Credit Union is required to verify the identity of current and non-members applying for and opening new accounts or services with the credit union. Information we are required to obtain include name, mailing and residence address, tax identification number, date of birth and copy of a government-issued photo ID (identification).
Additional data may also be gathered depending on the type of account applied for or opened. Data on existing members will be gathered as they open or use additional services offered by the credit union. The Act requires us to maintain records of the identification verification and periodically update this information.
Confidentiality of the information will be maintained as required by law.
Procedures for opening a new account
If you would like to join Missouri Credit Union and qualify for membership, here's what we request that you do:
- Fill out the online Membership Application. If the primary owner is less than 18 years old, the online application must be completed with the parent or guardian's information in the Joint Owner spaces. Both must type in their full names at the end of the form where designated.
- Within ten business days, you will receive a Membership Information package. In this package, you will find a Signature Agreement Card, and a reply envelope.
- Verify that the information is correct on the Signature Agreement Card, then complete the highlighted spaces and sign the card where designated.
- Please use the reply envelope to return the Signature Agreement Card to us, as well as a photocopy of the picture identification selected for each person signing on the account(s). If you select Cashiers Check, Money Order, or Personal Check for your opening deposit, please include it in the reply envelope also. The total amount of your opening deposit should be for the minimum stated in the Disclosures for each account you request to open. For example, a Money Market Account requires a minimum of $1,000.00 to open.
- Please allow ten business days after documents are received by MCU for MCU to set up your account(s). If you completed an application and qualify for an MCU VISA Debit Card, please allow two business weeks to receive your card(s) and PIN(s) (Personal Identification Numbers).
- If you have any questions about membership, any products or services, or questions about filling out an online application, please e-mail MCU at: email@example.com
You promise that everything you have stated in this Pre-Qualify for Home Loan request is correct to the best of your knowledge. You authorize the credit union to obtain credit reports in connection with this request. If you request, the credit union will tell you the name and address of any credit bureau from which it received a credit report on you. You understand that it is a federal crime to willfully and deliberately provide incomplete or incorrect information on requests made to Federal Credit Unions or State Chartered Credit Unions insured by the NCUA. You acknowledge that this is not an application for credit.
You understand that you will have to complete an application with us and fulfill all of the requirements of the application before we will consider that an application has been made to us and before we will extend to you a loan offer.
Keeping your information confidential and secure is as important to us as it is to you. Please be aware that any e-mails you send are not secure. Please do not e-mail any confidential information such as passwords, account numbers, credit card information, or social security numbers. That type of information should be provided to us by phone, fax or regular mail.
Disclaimers and Limitations
While we make every effort to update and maintain information on our website, we do not warrant that the information contained in this website is at all times accurate and reliable; an error sometimes occurs. We expressly disclaim any obligation to update the contents of this website or to maintain uninterrupted access to this website.
Errors and Delays
We are not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to a Pre-Qualify for Home Loan form caused by incorrect information provided by you or by other technical problems beyond our reasonable control.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this website are copyright © 2019 Missouri Credit Union. All rights reserved.