Use your new wallet. Apple Pay is here.
Missouri Credit Union now offers Apple Pay, and that means your MCU debit card transactions can be simpler, more secure and more private than ever.
Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® 6 and iPhone 6 Plus devices, and it’s free to use, apart from any message or data rates specified in your wireless plan. Once you’ve entered your card(s) into your phone’s Passbook® app, you’ll be able to make purchases at thousands of merchant locations across the country and internationally. Apple Pay also lets you use your iPad Air® and iPad Mini™ 3 for online-only shopping within certain apps.
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or iPhone SE.
- iPad (6th generation), iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad (5th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3.
- Apple Watch (when paired with iPhone 5 or greater).
- Software version iOS 8.1 or later.
- Touch ID™ or passcode on your device.
- iCloud account.
Open your Wallet app, swipe down and tap the plus sign. Then enter your debit card by snapping a photo with your device’s iSight® camera, or adding the data manually. If you already have a card in iTunes, you’ll be prompted to add it to Passbook (it becomes your default payment card) or you can add different cards. If you don’t want the card you store in iTunes to be your default payment card, you can switch it in Settings.
If your card is new to iTunes or the App Store, you may be prompted to call the MCU call center at (573) 874-1477.
You can use Apple Pay at numerous merchants. Here’s a partial listing:
|Accept Apple Pay||Accept Apple Pay in Their App||Coming Soon|
|Macy’s||Best Buy||Besy Buy|
|Aeropostale||Dunkin Donuts||Big Lots|
|American Eagle||Etsy||Dunkin Donuts|
|Foot Locker||Panera||JC Penney|
|Radio Shack||Ticketmaster||White Castle|
You also can look for the contactless terminal logo/Apple Pay logo:
Apple Pay’s advanced technology works behind the scenes to make using a traditional debit or credit card more secure than ever before. In participating stores, you just hold your phone near the merchant’s contactless reader, with your finger on the Touch ID sensor. That’s it. Your name and card number remain anonymous to cashiers and bystanders, and your phone carries an unique, encrypted Device Account Number rather than your actual debit or credit card numbers. And you still enjoy all the benefits of your card including the Zero Liability policy that protects you from unauthorized purchases.
If this happens to you (and we hope it doesn’t), you have three options:
- You can remove your credit or debit cards from Apple Pay on iCloud.com. Sign in, click settings, choose your device, and remove your cards in the Apple Pay section;
- If Find My iPhone is turned on, you also can help keep your data secure doing this:
- You can call MCU (573-874-1477) to suspend or remove your cards from Apple Pay.
Learn more about what to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad Air, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, iPad Mini and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.