Keep Your Money Safe with MCU's Fraud Prevention Services
We are committed to safeguarding your information and are constantly monitoring your accounts for fraud and unusual activity. If we identify suspicious activity, we may notify you via text, email, or phone call to validate the purchase. We will never ask for your card number or your PIN. To ensure we reach you quickly, please make sure we have your updated contact information. Visa's Zero Liability Policy means 100 percent protection for you. Whether purchases occur online or off, if the activity is deemed to be fraudulent, you pay nothing.
Debit Card Fraud Alerts
In the event a debit card transaction is unusual or suspicious, you may receive an alert to confirm the activity is legitimate. The alert may come in multiple ways:
- Text message
- Voice Call
Please keep in mind, our messages will never ask for your PIN, account number or card number. Please respond to all alerts even if you don't see fraudulent activity on your account. We recommend contacting us to review all transactions.
What to Do if Your Card is Lost or Stolen
If you lost your card or it is stolen, there are four ways to report it:
- Using MCU Anywhere through a browser, click on Services, and then click on Card Controls;
- Using the MCU Anywhere mobile app, click on Card Controls, then select the card you would like to disable;
- Call CALL24 (573-443-5880 (Columbia) 573-635-9853 (Jefferson City) or 800-443-5880 (outside of Columbia and Jefferson City). Press 4 to report your card lost or stolen; or
- Call the VISA Debit Card Center at 866-546-8273.
Reporting Suspected Fraud
If you suspect fraudulent activity on your MCU debit card or account, contact MCU immediately: (800) 451-1477.
Eight Tips for Smart Debit Card Use:
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Keep your contact information current at MCU.
- Avoid potential blocks on your card by telling MCU when you plan to travel out of state. If you plan to travel out of the country, let us know by using MCU Anywhere. Go to Card Controls under Services and set up the countries.
- Carry multiple forms of payment with you when you travel in case your debit card is blocked.
- Memorize your PIN. Writing your PIN down and keeping it near your card is not a good idea.
- Never tell anyone your PIN or account number.
- Never let anyone use your card.
- Never give your PIN to anyone over the phone - including MCU employees.
Please be aware that voluntarily sharing your PIN with another person or letting someone else use your card could result in losses for which you could be liable.