Investing in the Future
College can be expensive, but we are in the business of people, not profits. We offer scholarships to help today’s students succeed in reaching their future goals.
Missouri Credit Union Scholarship
Each year, Missouri Credit Union awards sixteen $2,500 scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are members of Missouri Credit Union or whose parents are members. Students planning to attend a college, university or post-secondary technical school, such as State Technical College in Linn, are eligible to apply.
MCU names its scholarships in memory of Alan T. Busby, Anthony W. Lampe, Pauline “Pat” Miles, Harold “Hal” G. Virgen, Brenda Fasken, Dr. David West, and Charlie Touzeau, CPA. Each one made outstanding contributions to MCU’s Board of Directors during their lifetime. Since 1993, Missouri Credit Union has awarded more than $506,000 in scholarships. View past scholarship recipients.
Beginning January 2, 2020, MCU will accept applications for the scholarships. High school seniors graduating in the spring of 2020 are eligible. The recipients will receive the scholarship funds for use toward the four-year college or university of their choice or a two-year technical school of their choice.
Recipients will be selected based on:
- Financial need
- Scholastic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Essay response
Applicants must provide the following information:
- Completed MCU Scholarship Application (PDF)
- High school transcript
- Copy of completed 2020-2021 Federal Student Aid form - parent/guardian income must be included
- Biographical sketch – tell us about yourself in one page or less (this is not a resume)
- Brief essay, 2 pages or less, about your goals and how a scholarship from MCU will help you achieve them
All of the above must be received by email or at MCU’s Columbia Downtown location no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Email: Email the application and information as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Mail the application to MCU Scholarship Committee, PO Box 1795, Columbia, MO 65205-1795
- Hand deliver: Drop off the application to the attention of the MCU Scholarship Committee at our Columbia Downtown location - 111 East Broadway, Columbia, MO 65203