We know that you likely have lots of questions about MCU Anywhere. To help you, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. Please select from our categories of FAQs below.
- Why is MCU@Home changing?
- What's new?
- How will the change impact me?
- How will it work differently for joint account holders?
- When will the old online banking platform stop working?
- Will I need to download a new mobile app?
- Do I have to use the desktop website to gain access to the app?
- Will I still need the mobile app?
- What web browsers can I use?
We know simple is better. That's why we are moving to MCU Anywhere. MCU Anywhere simplifies your online and mobile banking experience with new features and benefits available both online and through the mobile app.
We are excited to introduce new features to help you better manage your accounts including:
- More intuitive and user-friendly navigation
- Ability to enroll from your computer or your mobile device
- Ability to reset your password and update your profile from your computer or your mobile device
- You will automatically see all of your accounts through a single login, including accounts on which you are a joint account holder
- Access to Bill Pay and e-Statements for all accounts through a single sign-in
- Additional alert options, including push notifications on your mobile device
- Improvements to transaction history allowing for better insights into spending and saving
- Ability to add card controls through mobile or online
- Do more in the mobile app such as updating your contact information and adding payees in BillPayer
- Quick login feature for online banking with the ability to authenticate through your mobile device
The new platform is member-based instead of account-based. This means your login credentials will allow access to any account on which you are listed as either a primary or joint account holder. Because of this, everyone will be required to register even if you previously used online or mobile banking.
Each owner of a joint account will have their own login. After the upgrade, you will automatically have access to accounts you are joint on and will be able to view all of your MCU accounts through a single login.
On May 5, 2020, we will fully move to the new MCU Anywhere platform and the existing MCU@Home platform will no longer be accessible. As we switch platforms, there will be a brief period the evening of May 4 and the morning of May 5 where neither platform will be accessible. In addition, BillPayer will be unavailable starting at 9:01 pm on May 4 until MCU Anywhere goes live on May 5.
No, you will not need to download a new mobile app. It will be an update to your current app. If you have automatic updates set up on your phone, you will not have to do anything. If you do not have automatic updates on your phone, you will need to visit the App Store or Google Play Store to update to the newest app version.
No. One of the benefits of MCU Anywhere is the ability to register either through the mobile app or a web browser. Once you register, you simply use the same username and password to access MCU Anywhere on both the mobile app and a web browser.
If you prefer using the mobile app, we encourage you to use it. Once you register, you will use the same username and password to access both the mobile app and online banking. And you will be able to do most transactions on either device. Please note, remote check deposit is only available through the mobile app.
You are responsible for using up-to-date web browsers. As Microsoft is ending support for Internet Explorer, we no longer support Internet Explorer for MCU Anywhere and do not guarantee all components of MCU Anywhere will be accessible through Internet Explorer.
- Will my username change?
- Will my password change?
- Do I need to register if I previously used MCU@Home and/or MCU mobile banking?
- What will I need in order to register?
- How do I find my account number?
- The contact information listed on my account is incorrect. What do I do?
- How do I register?
Possibly. Since the new platform is member-based, everyone will need to register for MCU Anywhere. Unfortunately, we cannot reserve usernames for anyone. The sooner you register, the more likely you will be able to retain your username. The requirements for usernames are as follows:
- Must be 6 - 20 characters in length
- Must not contain social security number, member number or birthdate
- The first character must be a letter
- Can contain letters or numbers, but special characters are not allowed
Since the new platform is member-based, everyone will need to register for MCU Anywhere. You will be required to select a password at the time of registration. We encourage you to select a new password, but you are not restricted from using your MCU@Home password as long as it meets the 12-character minimum requirement.
Yes, since MCU Anywhere is an entirely new mobile app and online banking system, you will need to register as a new user.
You will need your base account number and personal information (e.g. birthdate and Social Security number) to register. You will also need to know the type(s) of loan(s) you have with us.
Your base account number is located in the packet you received at the time you opened your MCU account. You can also find your base account number on your most recent MCU statement. The base number appears in a box at the top of the statement.
Prior to May 5, you can login to MCU@Home and update your contact information by clicking on the "Profile" link at the top of the page. After May 5, you will need to call us at 800.451.1477 to update your contact information. A one-time PIN will be sent via text or e-mail the first time you log into MCU Anywhere. It is important to ensure we have your correct information so you are not delayed in accessing MCU Anywhere.
Registering is quick and easy! You can register through a web browser at missouricu.org or on the mobile app.
- How do I log in for the first time?
- Will I have to use a one-time PIN to log in?
- The PIN is being sent to a phone number or email that I no longer have access to. What do I do?
- How can I log in using my fingerprint or facial recognition?
When you log in for the first time, or from a new device, you will be asked to have a one-time PIN delivered to you via email or text message. Simply retrieve the PIN and input it to finish logging in. Please note: You must register with MCU Anywhere before attempting to log in.
Yes, a one-time PIN will be required when you log in for the first time, or from a new device. You can select whether to receive the PIN via text message or email.
You will need to update your contact information with MCU. You can do this by calling us at 800.451.1477 and speaking with a call center representative.
First, you must have the MCU Anywhere mobile app installed on your device. Then, you must enable fingerprint or facial recognition under Settings and Biometrics. Once you do so, you can then use your fingerprint or facial recognition to log in to the mobile app or online banking via Quick Login.
- Will my alerts carry over from MCU@Home?
- How do I set up alerts?
- On which accounts can I set alerts?
- Where can I have account alerts delivered?
- What type of alerts can I set up?
No, alerts will not carry over to MCU Anywhere. You will need to set up them up again.
You can set up alerts in online banking under Messages & Alerts or in the mobile app under Manage Alerts.
You can set up alerts for any of your checking accounts, savings accounts or loans. You can also set up general alerts to notify you when your log in credentials change or when a password reset has been requested.
You can have alerts delivered as a text to your cell phone, an email, and/or as an app notification.
There are many types of alerts that you can set up, including low balance, large transactions, loan payment due, and more.
- Will the transfers and payments that I had set up in the previous system carry over?
- How do I transfer money between my accounts on the same membership?
- Can I transfer money to another MCU member?
- Can I transfer money to my external, non-MCU account?
- How do I make a loan payment?
- Can I set up automated loan payments?
- How can I get a pay-off for my loan?
- Is BillPayer changing?
Yes. If you had automatic transfers and payments set up in the previous online banking system, they will continue as scheduled.
In online banking, select Transfers & Payments from the left-hand navigation. On the Make a Transfer or Payment screen, you will need to select where the money is coming from (section 1) and then where you want the money to go to (section 2). Once you do that, you will be able to specify how much you want to transfer and when (section 3). In the mobile app, select Transfers from the left-hand or pop-up menus. Then, select where the money is coming from and where you want the money to go to from the dropdowns. Once you do that, you will be able to specify how much you want to transfer and when.
Yes. Simply follow the steps for performing a transfer and, when you select where you want the money to go to, select Another Member from the bottom of the list of accounts. In order to send money to another MCU member, you will need to know their account number and last name.
Yes. Simply follow the steps for performing a transfer and, when you select where you want the money to go to, select An External Account from the bottom of the list of accounts. In order to send money to an external account, you first must link the external account. You will need to know the bank name, routing number, account number, and type of account. The external account must be verified prior to allowing any transfers to or from the external account. We verify the account by making two small deposits to confirm it is yours. The deposits typically appear within 48 hours.
In online banking, select Transfers & Payments from the left-hand navigation. On the Make a Transfer or Payment screen, you will need to select where the money is coming from (section 1) and then select which loan you would like to pay (section 2). Once you do that, you will be able to specify how much you want to transfer and when (section 3). In the mobile app, select Transfers from the left-hand or pop-up menus. Then, select where the money is coming from and which loan you would like to pay from the dropdowns. Once you do that, you will be able to specify how much you want to transfer and when.
Yes. Automated loan payments can be set up in online banking. Simply follow the steps for performing a transfer and select Recurring Transfer after you specify how much you want to pay (section 3). You can then choose when you want your payments to start, how frequently you want to make payments, and when you want them to end.
You can get same-day loan payoff information from the Accounts Overview screen. Click the loan account you want to get more information on. You will then see an option for “Pay Off.” This quote will include all accrued interest and is valid for same-day payoff amounts only.
You will still be able to access BillPayer from both online and mobile banking. All payees and payments currently set up will remain. The only change to BillPayer is now you will be able to add payees via the mobile app.
- What are Card Controls?
- What cards can I turn off with Card Controls?
- If I turn a card off, can I turn it on again?
- How quickly will my card be turned off/on after I make a change?
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Can I turn off the card of someone who is joint on my account?
- I reported my card lost, but I found it. What do I do?
Card Controls allow you to turn your debit card(s)s off and on again within MCU Anywhere. When you turn your card off, it can’t be used for purchases, ATM withdrawals, or recurring transactions.
You can turn off any debit cards associated with any account you are on. In online banking, you will see all the cards associated with all your accounts at the same time. In the mobile app, you will need to switch accounts to see the cards associated with the selected account.
Yes. If you turn off a card, you can turn it on again at any time.
It is typically instant, but may take longer in peak times or if your internet connection speed is slow.
If your card is lost or stolen, you can use Card Controls to turn it off and report it to MCU. This should be done as quickly as possible.
No. You can only turn off any debit or credit cards that are in your name.
Once a card is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be reactivated. Please destroy the found card and begin using the new one provided to you.